Creative arts and healthy living activities
Is your child an aspiring actor or a drama queen?
More Than Words is not-for-profit community interest company that provides creative arts and healthy living activities for people of all abilities, aged 17 and over. This includes young people and adults with physical, learning or sensory disabilities, autism and/or communication difficulties.
We use music, dance, drama and inclusive sports activities to help people to develop their confidence, express themselves and achieve their aspirations.
Our base has level access and includes:
- a fabulous theatre-style studio space
- fully equipped sensory room
- breakout space
- hygiene room, with changing bed, hoist, accessible toilet and washbasin.
We offer full-day and half-day sessions, including:
- Performers - music, drama and singing
- Movers - inclusive sports, gentle exercise, healthy lifestyles
- Academy - a mix of everything we do, including planning and cooking healthy meals
- Theatre Company - creating plays and rehearsing for performances out in the community
- Prop Shop - arts and crafts, making the props we use in our plays
- Community Options - going out in the community, e.g. educational visits, leisure pursuits, etc.
- Drumming Circle - creating positive changes in emotional wellbeing and communication through musical interaction
The emphasis is on developing confidence, becoming more independent, making new friends and having fun!
We provide group support at a ratio of 3:1 and can provide 1:1 or 2:1 support for an additional charge. Individuals can also bring their own PA if they prefer.