If your child (0-19 years) is diagnosed with hearing loss and/or visual impairment, the Specialist Sensory Education Team (SSET) can help by providing support at home or in nurseries and schools.
We can help by providing:
- Hearing and vision support teachers
- Multi-sensory impairment teacher
- Touch typing skills teacher
- Sensory support specialists
- Sign language communication specialist
- Visual impairment mobility, independence and habilitation specialist
For further information please select the link below
Wigan Council do not carry out suitability checks, we strongly recommended that you always check with providers that their service or activity meets your requirements. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. There are links within the directory that take you to external websites which are not managed by Wigan Council therefore we have no control of their content. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.