Skip to main content

Travel for Under 16s (igo Card)

If you’re aged 5 to 10 and live or go to school in Greater Manchester, you will need an igo card to buy some of the tickets available for the concessionary child bus fare in Greater Manchester. If you are aged 11 to 16, you must have an igo card to travel using any child ticket on buses in Greater Manchester.

You can also use your igo card as proof of age for travelling by tram with a child ticket. You will need proof of age ID from age 11 on Metrolink.

Please visit the website provided for full information and how to apply.

Directory Disclaimer

Wigan Council do not carry out suitability checks, we strongly recommended that you always check with providers that their service or activity meets your requirements.  Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. There are links within the directory that take you to external websites which are not managed by Wigan Council therefore we have no control of their content.  We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.

Back to top