Headstart Pre-school Limited - Appley Bridge
Nursery and Pre-School for children aged 2-4 years in the Appley Bridge area of Wigan
***NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2022 ONWARDS***
Headstart is a privately run Ofsted registered Pre-school, within the grounds of Shevington Vale Primary School. We pride ourselves on making learning unique to each individual child and stand strongly by our motto ‘Where young minds grow, independence is nurtured and inspired lives begin’.
We offer childcare for children aged two to four years; funded places are available. Headstart is a fully inclusive setting, supportive of all children and families. We have an appointed Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator that ensures children and families who require additional guidance are able to access this at all times.
Headstart follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory framework and Development Matters. We track children’s progress continuously and will report back to parents/ guardians periodically throughout the year.
Headstart provides a wide range of activities to support all areas of the Early Years curriculum. Children can access the indoor and outdoor woodlands environment as they please.
Headstart promotes healthy lifestyle choices at every opportunity. We encourage all children to be aware of good oral health as well as eating healthy snacks and engaging in physical play activities. Headstart provides one cup of milk per child, per day.
All members of staff are fully qualified and experienced in childcare. They are committed to providing the best care and education for each individual child. All children are nominated a key person that is responsible for; helping the child to settle into the setting, liaising with parents and updating development trackers.
At Headstart we offer an ‘open door’ policy, please feel free to visit us any time.
Before and After School Care Provision
We provide a service with our before and afterschool club (run by the Shevington Vale Primary). Children are able to walk to and from the club with a member of staff. (This service is for children aged 3 years upwards).
Manager: Mrs A Davies (Dip in Pre-School Practice)
Deputy Manager: Mrs E Lunt (BA Honours in Primary Education With Qualified Teacher Status / Level 3 Early Years Childcare) Currently on maternity leave.
Acting Deputy: Miss Z McCann Sharrock (Level 3 Early Years Educator)
Mrs B Ward (Level 4 Early Years Childcare)
Mrs G White (Level 3 Early Years Childcare)
Miss E Tollie (Level 3 Early Years Childcare)
Bank Staff: Mrs G Anderson (Level 3 Early Years Childcare), Miss H Swindells (Level 3 Early Years Childcare).
Who to Contact
- Contact Name
- A.Davies / E Lunt/ Z Sharrock
- Contact Position
- Manager / Deputy Manager/Acting Deputy
- Headstart - 07795831958 Headstart - 07795831958 School office - 01257253559 School office - 01257253559
- Scan to visit this website
Where To Go
- Shevington Vale Primary School, Runshaw Avenue
Headstart Pre-school LTD @ Shevington Vale Primary School
- WN6 9JP
- View WN6 9JP on a map
Our setting is fully inclusive and accessible for wheel chair users. Staff have attended Portage training, Letters & Sounds and Toddler Talk training. Many more courses and certificates an be viewed in the setting.
- Sessions and funded hours are calculated separately -PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF FOR MORE INFORMATION! Per Session
- £6.50 per hour for 2 year olds, £5.50 per hour for 3+ year olds (full day 6.5 hours) Per Hour
Sessions are: 9.00am-12.00pm (3 hours) 12.30pm-3.30pm (3 hours) or 9.00am-3.30pm (6.5 hours)
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years to 4 years
- Has wheelchair access
- Other notes
- Out of school club for children aged 2-5 years running from August 2016
- Has wheelchair access
- There is disabled parking on the school car park. Wheel chair access at all entrances throughout the school, wider door access and ramps are available within the school. A disabled toilet, changing and wash room is also available.
- No immediate vacancies
- Vacancies depend on sessions required and the age of your child. Please call or email for more information and an application pack - 07795831958 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Has 3 & 4 year old funding
- Has 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday, term-time only 9.00am 3.30pm
Pet Small Mammals
Baby changing facilities
Private Changing Area
- When is childcare available?
Childcare whilst parents access short-term courses
Emergency short-term care considered
Term time only
Does not offer school pickups