Here at Gems Childminding we have fun! we are silly! we explore! we imagine!
Spaces available for all ages
My name is Gemma Mack and I live on Cranfield Road, Hawkley Hall, Wigan. Just a small walk away from the canal and other woodland areas for some great adventures. I live in a detached house with my wonderful partner, our three amazing boys and our 2 dogs Marney and Milo. We have a lovely spacious back garden which children can access at any time during their care to explore our many resources and promote physical fitness.
- To provide a safe and secure environment which extends and develops all areas of a child’s development within the 7 areas of learning
- To enable all children to learn and develop their skills to the best of their ability.
- To promote self-discovery, exploration, and curiosity towards learning
- To maintain the standards and guidance set by OFSTED and to regularly reflect and develop my practice
- To encourage children to explore the environment and feel comfortable with me and my setting
- To provide a good working relationship with parents/carers and children
- To ensure confidentiality is kept at all times
*15 and 30 hours funding available*
I have my level 3 in children’s care, learning and development, I have an enhanced DBS and paediatric first aid. I have up to date training for food hygiene and safeguarding. I am always seeking to develop my skills and broaden my knowledge by accessing online training courses and attending courses relevant to early years. All certificates can be accessed upon request.
Monday - Saturday 7.30am - 6pm
Meals and nutrition
Great care has been taken to prepare a healthy, balanced and enjoyable menu which is available for parents / carers in my welcome pack. Here at Gems Childminding I provide breakfast, all snacks, dinner and a tea – water and milk is available at all times. All children are encouraged to eat fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the day.
I cater for full time and part time care
Prices include all food, drinks and outings.
Morning session – £23
Afternoon session– £25
Full day – £35
Morning and after school club for primary school children is provided.
A morning session - £5
An afterschool session - £8
School holiday care - £25 per day 9am - 3.15pm (times can be adjusted)
If you would like a prospectus, video chat, phone call or visit please don't hesitate to contact me.
*** My Facebook page is Gems childminding if you would like to take a look at the lovely things we enjoy here ***