Before and After school Club ran by Teaching Assistants for 3 to 11 year olds.
Mighty Oaks is a before and after school club managed by the Acorn Trust for 3 to 11 year olds from 7:30am to 9am and from 3:15pm to 6pm.
Mighty Oaks Before & After School club aims to provide high quality childcare within a warm and welcoming environment. The individuality of each child in our care will be respected and nurtured.
Aims and objectives
Mighty Oaks Before & After School club aims to:
- Ensure each child feels happy, safe and secure, allowing them to learn and develop freely in a play centred environment.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their actions.
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes and respect for themselves and others, in an environment free from bullying and discrimination.
- Provide a wide range of resources and equipment which can be used under safe and supervised conditions.
- Offer a programme of activities which meets the needs of each child, promoting their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development, enabling them to become confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
- Work in partnership with parents to provide high quality play and care
- Review and evaluate our services to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of children in our care and those of their parents or carers.
- Keep parents and carers informed about changes in the administration of the Club and to listen and respond to their views and concerns.
- Communicate effectively with parents and carers, and to discuss experiences, progress and any difficulties that may arise.
- Employ experienced, well-trained staff and offer them appropriate support.