Nursery and Pre-school teacher led provision.
Leigh St Peter's Primary School provides Education for children from the age of 2 - 11 years between the hours of 8:45am to 3:15pm
We also offer an extended provision service and have a breakfast club facility run by staff members on site for children aged 3 and over. This is from 07:45am until 08:45am where children are able to come to school early and have breakfast if they would like to. Children are then taken through to school ready for the start of the main school day. We have a good variety of after school clubs for everyone throughout the week. These are open to children from Reception to Year 6 and cost £2 per night per child.
An exciting preschool learning experience with a qualified teacher.
- Good provision. Ofsted 2016.
- School based nursery/pre-school
- Provision for three and four year olds provided by a highly qualified team, led by an outstanding, experienced teacher.
- Currently 15 hours free provision for everyone in Pre-school (3 and 4 years)
- 30 hours free provision for those eligible (3 and 4 years)
- Access to all school facilities and resources, e.g., school hall for physical development, and assemblies.
- We are open from Monday - Friday from 8:45am - 3.15pm.
- A strong pastoral ethos supporting all aspects of parenting and child development.
- Holistic approach supporting the whole child around emotional health and academic learning.
- More information on the school website under Nursery heading.
2 Year Old:
We offer places for 2 year olds with confirmed eligibility for funding. This can be checked if you are unsure here:
3 and 4 Year Olds Pre-school
We offer both 15 hours and 30 hour places. All 3 to 4-year-olds in England can get 570 free hours per year. This is made up as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year (Term-time only). Some families may be eligible for 30hrs free childcare
Your eligibility depends on:
- if you are working
- your income (and your partner’s income, if you have one)
- your child’s age and circumstances
- your immigration status
You can get 30 hours free childcare at the same time as claiming Universal Credit, tax credits, childcare vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare. Please follow this link to check if you are eligible:
If you would like to apply for a place in our Nursery or Pre-school please email us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid- Year admissions for Reception - Year 6
Midyear applications are processed through the Local Authority, School Places Team. Before submitting an application to transfer schools’ parents/carers must ensure that everyone who qualifies as a ‘parent’ under education law agrees to the transfer. If at any stage, the Council are informed that anyone who has a right to participate in decisions about your child’s education is not in agreement to a school transfer the application cannot be processed. The Local Authority cannot mediate disputes between parents. Parents must resolve disputes about transfers between themselves, legally if necessary. For further information please read the government’s guidance:
Apply for a midyear transfer here:
If you would like to view the school prior to making an application, or have any questions, please
contact the school office on 01942 671442 or via email at: email@example.com
The Council School Places Team details:
Tel: 01942 489013 Website: Wigan School Places
For more information, please visit our school website by clicking Leigh St Peter's C.E. Primary School